At Berwick Chase we feel passionate about educating children in ALL areas of learning so that they can navigate the world successfully. From a young age, children are taught to hold hands when they cross the road, to use good manners and to show empathy. We must give equal amount of attention to guiding children in their use of technology, particularly in the social world so that they can become successful 21st century citizens and cope in a rapidly changing world.
Our BYO (Bring Your Own) iPad program in years 5 and 6 aims to prepare our students to excel technologically and to:
- Be engaged learners (an iPad program supports innovative curriculum planning and implementation. The interactivity of iPad technology provides students with a highly engaging learning experience)
- Be creative thinkers (there is an excellent range of apps designed to stimulate the student’s creative instincts where virtual and real-world creativity can be managed)
- Be problem solvers (powerful apps mean students don’t just consume content, they create it and are able to find their own way to problem solve and engage with it)
- Be connected global citizens (an iPad program will support the initiating of global communication and collaboration)
- Be independent and self-directed learners (an iPad program provides students with personal, portable devices to access learning at a time, in a place and at a pace, which supports their learning needs)
- Be social collaborators (the iPad program will enable students to research, to access information and to connect with others for communication and collaboration in a safe, nurturing environment)
Families must make their own decision regarding the purchase of a new iPad. Many children have an existing iPad at home already and may bring this to school.
Students of families that do not have their own iPad may request to share a school-owned iPad throughout the duration of the iPad Program so as to benefit from iPad technology during class-time.
Families wishing to purchase a new iPad are encouraged to visit www.jbeducation.com.au/byod and access JB Hifi’s educational pricing. Enter the BYOD code: BerwickCPS23
Better learning is just a click away at JB Hi-Fi Education
- Specialised products approved by your school with school-specific software.
- Commercial pricing for the education sector.
- Wide selection of high-quality accessories.
- Extended warranty and accidental damage protection insurance option.
- Simple online ordering 24/7 with no credit card surcharge.
- Fast, contactless delivery options, including pick-up at the retail store of your choice nationwide or delivery to your home or workplace.
- Support from experts six days a week, Monday to Friday: 9am – 6pm, Saturday: 10am – 12pm (AEST).
How to order your child’s device:
- Go to www.jbeducation.com.au/byod/.
- Enter the BYOD code BerwickCPS23
- Once logged in, select a student program.
- Choose your preferred delivery method.
- Follow the prompts to select your products, accessories and nominate for insurance. Enter your details to proceed.
- Choose a payment method and complete your order. No surcharges on credit card purchases.
Want to know more? Please see the JB Hi-Fi Education BYOD Parent’s Toolkit for further information on ordering, delivery, warranty claims and accidental damage cover.
iPad Program Documentation
To participate in the BYO iPad Program, all families of students in years 5 and 6 must read through our iPad Program Booklet and sign and return the user agreements. Once participating in the program, students will be given instructions on how to install the school’s wifi and iPad Management System, how to setup Google for Education, Google Classroom and email, as well as how to generate a QR code for printing at the school.
We look forward to celebrating this learning journey with you and your child. If you have any questions, please contact us at the school at your earliest convenience or email email@example.com